City of Kingston Offers Friday, Saturday Shuttle Service
The City of Kingston has launched a new shuttle service that will run on Friday evenings, 5:30PM to 10:30PM and Saturdays, Noon to 10PM. The shuttle will operate on a continuous loop. Customers will be able to pay a $2 per day fee and ride on a "hop off, hop on" style.
The goal of the new shuttle bus service? To help both Kingston residents and visitors to the city more easily reach local businesses, including the new Smorgasburg Flea Market.
Mayor Noble said this in a press release:
“We have so many wonderful and unique businesses in our community. I want to help make it easier for people to visit these locations and enjoy the products and services only Kingston can offer. I’m excited to launch this weekend shuttle and encourage residents and visitors to enjoy this new service for the rest of the summer and into the fall.”
As of Aug. 12, the pick up and drop off locations are as follows:
- Intersection of North Front St. and Wall St. (Leaves at the top of the hour)
- Academy Green
- 721 Broadway
- Ulster Performing Arts Center (601 Broadway)
- Yosman Towers (295 Broadway)
- Heritage Area Visitors Center/Ulster County Tourism/Foot of Broadway (20 Broadway)
- Kingston Point Beach (Saturdays Only)
- Intersection of North St. and Delaware Avenue (Saturdays Only) (Leaves on the half hour)