Metro-North is Increasing Service in the Hudson Valley
It was a big week for the Hudson Valley, we officially entered phase 1 of the reopening process.
It's very encouraging to see more positive news about the coronavirus numbers going down and seeing little by little certain restrictions being lifted.
When the pandemic first started, Metro-North had to make some reductions with their service to help keep everyone safe and to try to stop the potential spread of COVID-19.
Metro-North put out some information this week explaining how they will be increasing some of their services in our area.
According to their website,
- Metro-North will be adding 14 more trains for additional services
- They are increasing peak train service for the Hudson, Harlem, and New Haven lines
- In Poughkeepsie, a new train will be departing at 5:24 AM and will go to all of the stops on the Hudson Line
If you want more specific details about these changes you can check out their website by clicking on the link above.
Here are more important policies to point out:
- The parking is free at the Beacon Train Station
- The stations are being fully sanitized every 12 hours
- The trains are being fully sanitized every 24 hours
- The Newburgh-Beacon Ferry still is suspending their service for the time being
- Anyone on the train must wear.a face mask or face covering
As the Mid-Hudson region starts move through each phase we will see even more restrictions being lifted and we are here to keep you posted on all of that.