Police: Alleged Drunk Driver Drove the Wrong Way on Hudson Valley Road
A dangerous situation played out Saturday afternoon in Pearl River, when police say an accused drunk driver drove the wrong way down Veterans Memorial Drive.
LoHud is reporting that a 34 year-old man from West New York, New Jersey (yes, this is a town) was cruising west in an eastbound lane as other drivers desperately swerved out of the way to avoid collision. Orangetown police say the day-drinker's BAC was more than twice the legal limit.
Luckily, no one was hurt. LoHud reports that the man was charged with felony counts of driving while intoxicated and aggravated driving while intoxicated.
Listen to Hopkins at Night weekdays from 7PM to 12AM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America