Police: Hudson Valley Child Sexually Abused By Man For 3 Years
A Hudson Valley man is accused of repeatedly sexually abusing a child from the local area for about three years.
Last week, the Ulster County Family and Child Advocacy Center began investigating reports of a 13-year-old from New Paltz who was sexually abused.
An investigation revealed 36-year-old Ulrich Arlt of Walden repeatedly sexually abused the child over a three year period, police say.
Arlt was charged with course of sexual conduct against a child, a felony. He was arraigned in the Town of New Paltz Court and remanded to Ulster County Jail in lieu of $60,000 cash bail or $120,000 property bond.
An Order of Protection was issued on behalf of the victim.
The Ulster County Family and Child Advocacy Center was assisted by members of the Town of New Paltz Police Department and the New York State Police.
The Ulster County Family and Child Advocacy Center comprised of members of the Ulster County District Attorney’s Office, Ulster County Sheriff’s Office, New York State Police and Ulster County Child Protective Services.
- Teen Killed Near Hudson Valley High School
- 23-Year-Old Killed in Head-On Crash Near Hudson Valley Park
- Horse Spotted on Taconic State Parkway
- Aerial Footage Shows Severe Storm Damage in Dutchess (PHOTOS)
- Cases of Fatal Brain Swelling Virus Triples
- Two School Buses Collide in Hudson Valley
- Police Will Pull You For This in New York Over Next 2 Weeks
- 2 NYPD, Including Groom Killed on Wedding Day in Hudson Valley
- Alarming Number of Hudson Valley Ticks Spread Lyme Disease