Police Warn of 2 Sex Offenders Move in the Hudson Valley
Police are warning local residents after two high-risk sex offenders moved in the area. One is within walking distance of a school.
Royal Ivan Sheley, a Level-3 sex offender, moved from an apartment on Brewster Street in Kingston to Levan Street in Kingston.
Sheley is labeled as a Predicate Sex Offender on the New York State Sex Offenders database. He was sentenced to one year in prison in 2009 for sexually abusing a 16-year-old girl.
Sheley's new home is within walking distance of Kingston High School, according to Google Maps.
Jadius Rowe moved from New Salem Road in Kingston to Cedar Street in Kingston. The Level-2 sex offender previously lived on Page Park in Arlington, Dutchess County.
In 2005, he was sentenced to one year in prison for raping a 13-year-old girl in Ulster County, according to the New York State Sex Offenders database.
Rowe's new home is 0.2 miles from the Boys & Girls Club of Ulster County, 0.3 miles from the Kingston Library and 0.2 miles from the Ulster Performing Arts Center
- Blood-Sucking Leech With 3 Jaws, Nearly 60 Teeth Found in NY
- Retired Cop Now Makes Award-Winning Cheesecakes in Hudson Valley
- Afghanistan Veteran Dies at 'Watery Eden' in the Hudson Valley
- Officer Shot During 7-Hour Standoff With Barricaded Man
- Plane Lands, Starts Sinking Into Hudson Valley Lake
- Damaging Tornado Touches Down in New York On Labor Day
- 22 Accused of Welfare Fraud in Hudson Valley