REPORT: 2020 Summer Olympics To Be Postponed?
After growing criticism, the International Olympics Committee is planning four weeks of talks that may postpone the Summer games that were set for Tokyo. The games had been scheduled to happen July 24 to August, though some are calling for a postponement to 2021.
But while the IOC says postponement is a possibility, "cancellation is not on the agenda.”
These scenarios relate to modifying existing operational plans for the Games to go ahead on July 24, 2020, and also for changes to the start date of the Games.
IOC president Thomas Bach had previously said the summer games would start on time, though changed his stance after mounting criticism from athletes. Some countries, such as Norway said they didn't want their athletes going to Tokyo unless the COVID-19 pandemic was fully contained.
Listen to Hopkins in Middays on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Coronavirus in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie