Seven-Car Crash Causes Traffic Nightmare on Taconic Tuesday
A seven-car crash is creating traffic backups on the Taconic State Parkway Tuesday morning.
Hudson Valley traffic reporter, Nancy Reamy, is telling us that a major collision is creating a "mess of traffic" on the southbound lanes of the Taconic State Parkway. The pileup happened in Putnam Valley, just south of Pudding Street.
Cars are now jammed going southbound north of Peekskill Hollow Road, as the right lane continues to be blocked due to the traffic accident. According to Reamy, the collisions will take some time to clean up, so you should anticipate delays throughout most of the morning commute.
Northbound traffic seems to be flowing fine for now, but that's little comfort for Hudson Valley commuters who are traveling southbound on Tuesday morning. Those who need to drive in that direction should consider an alternate route to avoid the bottleneck.
You can stay up to date on this story by tuning in to live traffic reports throughout the morning or by downloading our free mobile app and turning on traffic alerts.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America