Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley Elementary School
Police are warning after a sex offender moved within walking distance of a Hudson Valley elementary school.
The Kingston Police Department announced on Facebook sex offender Rene A. Ocasio moved from the Ulster County Jail to a home on Henry Street in Kingston.
The Level-2 sex offender was convicted in June of 2016 for sexual misconduct, intercourse without consent, according to the New York State Sex Offender's database. He was sentenced to 1 year in prison.
Ocasio's new home is 0.6 miles from George Washington Elementary School, 0.3 miles from the Boys & Girls Clubs of Ulster County and 2.0 miles from Harry L. Edson Elementary School, according to Google Maps. The home is also 0.2 miles from the Ulster Performing Arts Center.
Level-2 Sex Offenders are deemed to have a moderate risk of a repeat offense.
- Hudson Valley Will be Colder Than Antarctica, Alaska Today
- ICE: 118 Arrested in New York For Violating U.S. Immigration Laws
- Snow Causes Woman To Drive Into Hudson Valley Business (Photos)
- Former NYPD, Living In Hudson Valley Cleared of Disability Fraud
- Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley Elementary School
- Deadly Polar Vortex is Making its Way to New York
- Hudson Valley School Bus Driver Admits to Sexually Abusing Child
- MGM Set To Open Huge Casino in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Killed in Drive-by Shooting, 4 Arrested
- Two Raped and Sexual Assaulted Teen in Hudson Valley
- Road Collapses in Hudson Valley