View Vintage Footage Of Goldfinger Rocking At The Chance Theater
The Hudson Valley is lucky to have a historic venue like The Chance Theater around. There have many too many epic shows there over the years to count. While doing the inevitable YouTube cruise, I stumbled upon some blurry footage of an old Goldfinger show and it brought me right back to the year 2000.
The band takes the stage and jumps into a blistering 55+ minute set featuring their most recognizable song 'Here In Your Bedroom' and covers from Bad Company, Sisqo and Nena's '99 Balloons'. The show took place on August 26th, 2000, were you there?
Thanks to Gomer & The Z for creating and posting the video to YouTube.
Here's a look at the full setlist courtesy of Setlist.FM:
- Counting The Days
- San Simeon
- If Only
- Chris Cayton
- Pick A Fight
- Here In Your Bedroom
- Feel Like Makin' Love (Bad Company cover)
- The Thong Song (Sisqo cover)
- Chicken McNuggets
- The City With Two Faces
- Miles Away
- 99 Red Balloons (Nena cover)
On the other end of my musical DNA, August 26th, 2000 is also a sad day in rock history. Allen Woody of the Allman Brothers and Gov't Mule passed away that day. Rest in peace big guy. He was one of the most badass bassists around.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Netflix Classic 'The Irishman' Filmed At Multiple Hudson Valley Locations
- 2019 WRRV Sessions Photo Rewind
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center