Wallkill Fire Damages Local Gas Station
A fire seriously damaged a gas station on Route 17M in the Town of Wallkill on Thursday. Thankfully, the gas pumps were never in danger but serious damage was done to the store on the property.
The Times Herald-Record reports the fire was discovered by police responding to a burglar alarm. Firefighters were on the scene just before 3 AM and had it extinguished within around two hours. Back up from Middletown, Circleville and Mechanicstown were on site to lend a hand. A fourth company from Howells were on standby but weren't needed.
Washington Heights Fire Cheif Charles Healey was first on the scene and said while the contents of the building were destroyed, the structure is still intact. He went on to say the fire doesn't appear to be suspicious but they are investigating.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America