Wallkill Man Shoots Mother, Assaults Cop: Police
A Hudson Valley man is accused of shooting his mother and assaulting a police officer.
On Tuesday around 10:45 a.m., members of the Town of Wallkill Police Department, in conjunction with the New York State Police, responded to a report of an assault with a weapon on Greenway Terrace.
Derrick Fields, 27, of the Town of Wallkill is accused of shooting his 45-year-old mother. The mother went to the location after someone reported her son was being violent, police say.
The mother was taken to Orange Regional Medical Center by a neighbor and is said to be in stable condition.
Fields was charged with assault, possession of a weapon, robbery, assault of a police officer and attempted escape.
He was remanded to the Orange County Jail on $150,000 bail or $300,000 bond.
- Cabin Built For Mars Can Be Found in the Hudson Valley
- Popular Restaurant Returns to Hudson Valley, Is Hiring
- Law Could Ban Drivers From Driving in Left Lane Without Passing
- Blood-Sucking Leech With 3 Jaws, Nearly 60 Teeth Found in NY
- Retired Cop Now Makes Award-Winning Cheesecakes in Hudson Valley
- Afghanistan Veteran Dies at 'Watery Eden' in the Hudson Valley
- Officer Shot During 7-Hour Standoff With Barricaded Man
- Plane Lands, Starts Sinking Into Hudson Valley Lake
- Damaging Tornado Touches Down in New York On Labor Day
- 22 Accused of Welfare Fraud in Hudson Valley