Well-Known Hudson Valley Restaurateur Releases Tell All Book
Frank Guido has been in the Hudson Valley restaurant business for more than 50 years. The 72 year old Guido recently set out to write a cookbook but ended up writing the story of his experience running 20 different restaurants over the years.
Hudson Valley One reports the book entitled Been There, Done That: A Memoir of Food, Family, and Friends was released earlier this month by a Rhinebeck based publishing company.
Despite being 72, he still runs an establishment in Catskill while his son Mark operates Frank Guido's Little Italy in Kingston. His cousin Sal is in charge of Mariner's Harbor. The book, which includes 500 photos, tells his story of growing up in Kingston and how he's run his restaurants.
He goes into all the celebrities and dignitaries who have dined in his restaurants. Folks like George Steinbrenner, Robert DeNiro, and Frank Sinatra have all come through his doors but he says what really matters are the generations of Hudson Valley residents who he's befriended are what really matter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America