WRRV’s Distracted Driving Awareness Campaign
April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month and WRRV wants to encourage you to avoid texting while driving. The National Safety Council reports cell phone use to be the cause of 1.6 million accidents each year. Texting while driving is 6x more likely to cause an accident than driving while drunk and is responsible for one in four car accidents.
Think about this for a moment. Answering or reading a brief text can take around five seconds. If you're driving 55, that's enough time to travel the length of an entire football field.
Texting and driving is a serious issue that affects everyone, so take WRRV's Drop The Distraction pledge at any one of our locations this month and you could win a pair of three-day passes for Mountain Jam.
- Friday, April 13 - Bagel World in Wappingers Falls from noon-1
- Friday, April 20 - Bank Square Coffee House in Beacon from noon-1
- Friday, April 27 - Quick Check in Middletown from noon-1
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America