1 Hurt, 1 Arrested After Wrong-Way Crash on Taconic
A Dutchess County man was injured when his car was hit by a car driving in the wrong direction on the Taconic State Parkway.
On Monday, New York Stae Police arrested 30-year-old Andrew Elias of Mount Pleasant for reckless endangerment and reckless driving.
Around 11:30 a.m., Troopers were dispatched to the area of Exit 8 on the Taconic State Parkway for a personal injury collision due to a wrong way driver.
According to police, Elias drove his 2007 Mercedes-Benz C230 in a northbound direction in the southbound lanes of the parkway and struck a southbound 2015 Honda CRV operated by John J. Maxwell, 64, of Fishkill.
Maxwell was taken to Westchester Medical Center for undisclosed minor injuries.
Elias was issued an appearance ticket returnable to the town of New Castle Court on Feb. 22, 6:30 p.m.
- Snow Will Likely Lead to Messy Evening Commute, Icy Morning
- SUNY New Paltz Hall of Famer Killed in Florida
- 'Sexually Violent' Sex Offender Hid in Hudson Valley, Police Say
- Beloved Hudson Valley Teacher Killed in New York City
- Hudson Valley Man Killed Trying to Help Crash Victim
- Hudson Valley Schools Placed on Lockdown After Stabbing
- Hudson Valley Dog Stolen From Owner's Car on Valentine's Day
- Hudson Valley Man Killed Cutting Down Tree, Police Say
- Outrage Grows For Hudson Valley Inmate's Sudden Death in Prison
- Reward Offered to Help Find Local Couple Accused of Killing Dogs