1 Killed, Others Injured in 3-Car Crash on Taconic State Parkway
A Hudson Valley man was killed and others were injured following a three-car crash on the Taconic State Parkway.
On Tuesday, New York State Police investigated a fatal motor vehicle crash on the Taconic State Parkway and Carpenter Road in the town of East Fishkill.
William T. Faint, 62, of Yorktown attempted across the Taconic State Parkway while traveling east on Carpenter Road in a 2006 Ford Taurus but failed to yield the right of way to two southbound vehicles, police say. Two vehicles, a 2016 GMC Sierra and a 2010 Toyota Matrix, both struck the Ford.
Faint's car came to a rest after spinning and hitting a utility pole. Life-saving measures were employed, but Faint was pronounced deceased at the scene, according to police.
The driver of the Toyota and her passenger both sustained non-life-threatening injuries and were transported to Vassar Hospital, officials say, while the driver of the GMC and his passenger didn't suffer any injuries.
- Hudson Valley Man Who May Have Killed Wife Served Divorce Papers
- 'Once-in-a-Lifetime Event' Planned For Legoland Hudson Valley
- 3 From Hudson Valley Added to NYS Fallen Firefighters Memorial
- 'Breakthrough' Discovery: Fish Found in 'Fishless' New York Lake
- Forecasters Predict 'Stormy,' Active Winter Season For New York
- Repeat Hudson Valley Sex Offender Sexually Abused 19-Month Old
- Sneak Peek At Legally Haunted Lower Hudson Valley Home
- 3 Accused of Stealing 22 Pounds of Hemp From Hudson Valley Farm