1/3 Of New Yorkers Can’t Afford To Live Here
A new poll shows that over 40% of New Yorkers can't afford to live in New York State.
The New York Post reports that a Quinnipiac Poll shows close to the majority of New York City residents can't afford to live in the state. The effect? They think that New York State's high cost of living will force them to leave the state in five years or less.
According to the New York Post, 41% of city residents can't afford to live anywhere in the state, let alone New York City. Last May, when New Yorkers were asked the same questions, only 31% of City residents said they'd be forced to leave soon, but that has now risen to 41%.
The poll by Quinnipiac also shows that New York State ranks highest for people moving out, according to the New York Post. 1,216 people were surveyed between March 13 and 18.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America