2 NY Colleges Named Worst For Free Speech
Two New York colleges/universities were named amongst the worst for free speech in 2019.
The Fire recently published a ranking of colleges in the world based on their free speech 'score'. According to this report, two universities in New York are the worst for free speech. Fire doesn't explicitly explain the reasoning for the rankings, but all schools listed have a story, or stories, to accompany the choice.
The two New York universities that made the list are Syracuse University in Syracuse, and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), in Troy. Each school has a specific story accompanying Fire's choice for including them on the list.
What schools do you think are the worst for free speech? The Hudson Valley is filled with colleges: Marist University, Dutchess Community College, SUNY New Paltz, Mount Saint Mary College, Vassar College, SUNY Orange, Ulster Community College, the list goes on!
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America