5 Christmas Movies That Only Need Friends & Popcorn
For some the Christmas movies never get put away and they think nothing of watching one in the middle of July. If you are saying 'Bah Humbug" to that, consider yourself an honorary Grinch. As Amazon Associates, we earn on qualifying purchases
What Christmas movies can you grab your friends for, bust out the big bowls for popcorn and then press play? Here are the top 5 Christmas movies that are likely to boost your friends spirit this holiday season:
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Not sure which is better, everyone knowing the words to the movie or knowing that Johnny Galeki grew up to be super handsome?
- Elf. (He know's Santa!) Another movie that everyone can recite almost all the words too, but it just makes you feel good inside.
- The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. This can be the Ron Howard/Jim Carey version or it can be the original animated. It is a must for getting into the Christmas spirit. If you watch it with your friends you can invent a cool drinking game every time the sweet little dog comes on the screen.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas. Classic, classic, classic. This is the reason that hot chocolate parties exist. Task one friend to find a branch to make a "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree" with and then find silly things around the house to use as ornaments.
- A Christmas Story. Everyone can relate to Ralphie in this movie. From the bully to the gift that you wanted but Santa never brought you.
Honorable mention for Christmas Movies you can watch with your friends (and popcorn): Die Hard, the original. People are on the fence as to whether or not this is an actual Christmas movie. Here is what could qualify it, the decorations and the time of the film and it leaves you with the 'feel good ending' which is paramount in any Christmas movie.
What are your favorite Christmas movies? Have you and your friends developed any traditions (or drinking games) based on that movie? If you have, let us know.