Accident Causes Major Dutchess County Road Closure This Morning
A serious accident has closed down a busy Hudson Valley road during the beginning of Friday morning's commute.
Hudson Valley traffic reporter, Nancy Reamy, reports that a head-on collision in Dutchess County has completely closed a section of Route 52 between Luddingtonville Rd. and Windy Hill Rd. in East Fishkill.
A Medivac helicopter has been dispatched to the scene and serious injuries have been reported in the crash. The collision happened near the Speedway station just after 5am and is expected to keep the road closed for quite a while as an investigation into the crash takes place.
It's unclear how this will affect Route 84 and other nearby roads, so be sure to tune in for live updates throughout the morning. You can also download the WRRV app to get up to the minute traffic alerts sent to your smartphone.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America