Ashokan Rail Trail Opens Additional Two Miles Of Access
The new Ashokan Rail Trail (ART) just opened to the public recently but the whole trail was not accessible. Another step towards full access was taken today as another two-mile section of the trail opened.
According to a Facebook post from the official Ulster County Government page, the additional two miles of trail will bring the total of the ART to 11 full miles. An additional half-mile segment along with two additional parking areas will be opening in the coming weeks. As of now the only public access to the Ashokan Rail Trail is at the Woodstock Dike Trailhead in West Hurley. Visitors are asked not to park on Route 28 or on private property
According to their website, an estimated 9,000 people visited in the first two weeks of operation. You can link up at AshokanRailTrail.com for more information. The ART is both dog-friendly and wheelchair accessible and is open from dawn to dusk daily.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center