National Cake Day, Where’s the Best Cake in the Hudson Valley?
Thanksgiving time is mostly a time for pies, is it not? So who was the genius to craft National Cake Day as the Monday after Thanksgiving, just when you have eaten so much pie you can't think about another bite? Well, let's try to find the best cake in the Hudson Valley.
Should their be rules? What constitutes cake? Are we talking slices of cake? Whole cakes? Could a Twinkee be considered a cake? It is sponge cake with a vanilla filling? If the cake does not have a frosting or glaze, is it still cake?
Back to business. Where is the best cake? Where can they be found? Let us know.
Places that will probably make the list:
- Pastry Garden, Poughkeepsie
- Culinary Insitute of America, Hyde Park
- Las Hornitos, Wappingers Falls
- Sams Club,
- Deisings Bakery, Kingston
- The Cakery, Fishkill
Add your favorites to the comment section below.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America