Big Game Traditions – What’s On Tap for Sunday?
With the big game on the horizon there's a lot to think about heading into the weekend:
- What ingredients to pick up at the store for your contribution to the food table?
- What numbers you got in the pool you bought into, and do you have to go to work if you take home the jackpot?
- Who is bringing the booze, very important.
When it comes to the day of though, where do you stand.
- Do you go for the food/drinks, and the atmosphere of the party?
- Are you there to actually watch the game, as in, telling other partygoers to quiet down so you can hear the calls?
- Are you there for the pre-game or half-time entertainment?
- Is it all about the commercials?
Personally, I don't fall into any of these categories really, I enjoy it all.
According to insider.com, who surveyed a little over a thousand people about their big game behaviors,
-20% of people surveyed said they actually wait to watch the commercials the next day online
-46% of people watch the halftime show
-34% like to meet with friends to watch the game together
-16% of people like to take bets or enter a pool to earn some extra cash on game day
When it comes to the Hudson Valley, we do know the preferred snack is, surprisingly, potato skins - whatever your plan is for the big game, eating, socializing, watching performances and commercials, or even if you are simply there to watch the game, make sure you celebrate safely.