Two Dead After Car Leaves I-84, Strikes Tree, Police Say
Two people are dead after a car left I-84 and struck a tree. State Police are currently investigating the single-vehicle crash that occurred westbound early Friday morning in the Town on Montgomery.
On Friday morning at approximately 6:41 a.m., troopers responded to a single vehicle crash on I-84. A preliminary investigation revealed that a Dodge Journey operated by Heather Morgan, 36 of Beacon was traveling westbound on I-84, left the roadway and entered the center median and struck a tree.
Heather Morgan, along with her passenger Derick Jones, 37 of Beacon, died as a result of the injuries sustained in the crash.
Anyone who may have information is asked to contact the State Police at SP Montgomery at 845-457-1389.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America