Dangerous Bear Sighting in Busy Mid-Hudson Neighborhood
Local police were busy on Wednesday keeping the public safe from a curious bear.
There have been a large number of bear sightings in busy, populated areas of the Hudson Valley this year. While bears are very common in the Hudson Valley, it's unusual for them to appear in cities and more populated areas.
City of Kingston Police came face to face with a bear who decided to make himself comfortable in a tree yesterday afternoon. The bear was spotted on East Chester Street, causing concern to local residents.
Authorities warn that although the bears do look cute and cuddly, they are extremely dangerous. Bears can quickly become aggressive when confronted and should be left alone. Police say that the bears will eventually return to their woods as long as you don't feed them.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America