Entire House Collapses in New York State After Being Struck by Truck
"A truck just ran into a house" is not a phrase you hear everyday. But that's exactly what happened in upstate New York Saturday evening and now authorities are investigating what went wrong.
The Warren County Sheriff’s Office says a tractor-trailer side-swept a storage house causing the structure to collapse. WETM reports the accident happened around 6 p.m. Saturday evening in Lake George. It appears that the tractor-trailer was trying to turn around, but instead the trailer went up a retaining wall and smashed the house.
The driver is from Slidell, Louisiana, and was ticketed for failure to keep right and for operating an over length vehicle, according to WETM. Authorities said the house was used for storage and that no one was home at the time of the collision. It wouldn't have been a fun night for anyone watching TV when a giant truck suddenly decides to park itself in your living room.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America