Five Hudson Valley Towns to Visit This Fall
The Hudson Valley is a beautiful place to live and work all year round, but the best time of year is the fall.
Architectural Digest highlights several great reasons to visit the greater Hudson Valley like the river, mountain views, hiking and rich history. But if you're looking for somewhere close to get away for the day, here are five options to choose from.
- Tarrytown is home to the Great Jack O'Lantern Blaze. The event draws thousands every year and is a fun way to get in the Halloween Spirit.
- Rhinebeck offers a walk-able downtown area with great shopping and places to eat. Maybe check out Samuel's Sweet Shop while you're there (owned by actors Paul Rudd and Jeffrey Dean Morgan).
- Sleepy Hollow serves as the setting for the tale of the Headless Horseman. Visitors in the fall months should visit Horseman's Hollow, a haunted trail filled with all kinds of scary creatures.
- Cold Spring was just named the best small town to visit in New York. With riverfront access, great places to eat and a good vibe, it's definitely worth a visit.
- Hudson was recently named one of America's coolest small towns. Lots of hiking options make it worth the trip. Plus, former Hole/Smashing Pumpkins bassist Melissa Auf De Maur runs Basillica Hudson, an independent arts center.