Hear The Red Hot Chili Peppers 1989 Chance Theater Performance
The Red Hot Chili Peppers sell out stadiums and amphitheaters all over the world. But there was a time when they were out there paying dues and an early tour made a stop at The Chance Theater in Poughkeepsie.
The band was out supporting their Mother's Milk album and hadn't yet released the landmark Blood Sugar Sex Magic. Here's a chance to listen back to the show almost 30 years later.
Red Hot Chili Peppers setlist from The Chance Theater on November 13th, 1989. The one hour and 23-minute set featured a number of early originals as well as covers by NWA, Jimi Hendrix and AC/DC and others.
- Out In LA
- Funky Crime (Parliment cover)
- Stone Cold Bush
- Green Heaven
- Police Helicopter
- Standing On The Verge Of Getting It On (Funkadelic cover)
- Boyz-In-The-Hood (NWA cover)
- Party On Your P$#@%
- Pretty Little Ditty
- Subway To Venus
- Hollywood (The Meters cover)
- Knock Me Down
- Skinny Sweaty Man
- Good God (James Brown cover)
- Happy #12 & #35 (Thelonious Monster cover)
- Sexy Mexican Maid
- Back In Black (AC/DC cover)
- Subterranean Homesick Blues (Bob Dylan cover)
- Castles Made of Sand (Jimi Hendrix cover)
- Me And My Friends
- Magic Johnson
- Encore: Baby Appeal
- Encore: Fire (Jimi Hendrix cover)
Mothers Milk featured the Red Hot Chili Peppers first big single 'Knock Me Down'.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center