Help Stamp Out Hunger on May 11, 2019
How can you help your neighbors and not even have to leave your house? May 11, 2019 (this takes place the second Saturday of May every year) is the day for the "Stamp Out Hunger" Food Drive with the US Postal Service and the National Association of Letter Carriers.
How you can participate, is to simple. Just leave your non-perishable food items next to your mailbox or next to where ever your letter carrier delivers your mail.
- Do you need to put it in a special container? No, you can use either a paper or plastic bag. If the weather looks like it is going to rain, plastic is preferred.
- Will the food donated stay local to your community? Yes, all of the food collected stays local.
- Full list of frequently asked questions, click here.
Other ways that you can help? Contact your local food bank, for more information.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America