Hit TV Show Films in Hudson Valley During Snowstorm
A very popular TV series filmed in the Hudson Valley during this week's snowstorm.
The popular Showtime series Billions filmed at the Mohonk Mountain House in New Paltz on Monday and Tuesday, according to On Location Vacations.
We previously reported Grant Wilfley Casting was looking for anyone within 20 miles of New Paltz to apply to be extras for filming at Mohonk Mountain House on Dec. 2 and Dec. 3. No acting experience was needed. The casting agency was looking to hire anyone older than 18 to play 'wealthy upscale event-goers'.
An accident took place in New Paltz after filming on Monday that injured many extras, police say.
Billions is loosely based on former U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York Preet Bharara and his battles with hedge fund manager Steve Cohen. Yes, Mets fans, the Steve Cohen who is now a minority owner of the club and will become the majority owner in five years.
Billions stars Paul Giamatti and Damian Lewis. Season five will premier in 2020.
- Police Investigate Threats at 2 Hudson Valley Schools
- Lower Hudson Valley School Cancels Musical Over Racism Concerns
- Rockefeller Christmas Tree From Hudson Valley To Be Lit Tonight
- Hudson Valley Man Killed During Winter Storm
- Parts of the Hudson Valley Saw Over 2 Feet of Snow
- Toys 'R' Us Opens First New Location Just Outside Hudson Valley
- NY Family Forced to Sell Farm After 240 Years, 7 Generations
- Father Dead, 3 Others Injured in Head-On Crash in Dutchess County
- Man in Critical Condition After Shooting at Senior Housing