Horse Spotted Running Near Cars on Taconic State Parkway
The Taconic State Parkway in the Hudson Valley is a white-knuckle drive in spots. A horse running on the narrow highway will likely only increase your anxiety.
Well on Tuesday, that's what many drivers had to deal with on the Taconic State Parkway. Many motorists reported a horse on the roadway on the Taconic State Parkway in Gallatin.
A nearby New York State Police investigator, Don Winn, hopped on the Taconic in hopes of finding the animal. He soon saw the horse running in the northbound lanes, police say.
According to State Police, Winn was able to secure the animal before anyone driving on the Taconic or the animal got hurt.
Troopers and deputies from the Columbia County Sheriff's Office located the horse's owner and the animal was safely transported back to his home, about three miles away from the Taconic State Parkway.
- Teen Killed Near Hudson Valley High School
- 23-Year-Old Killed in Head-On Crash Near Hudson Valley Park
- Horse Spotted on Taconic State Parkway
- Aerial Footage Shows Severe Storm Damage in Dutchess (PHOTOS)
- Cases of Fatal Brain Swelling Virus Triples
- Two School Buses Collide in Hudson Valley
- Police Will Pull You For This in New York Over Next 2 Weeks
- 2 NYPD, Including Groom Killed on Wedding Day in Hudson Valley
- Alarming Number of Hudson Valley Ticks Spread Lyme Disease