Hudson Valley City Among ‘Most Dangerous’ in United States
A Hudson Valley city is considered the most dangerous in New York and one of the most dangerous in the nation.
Neighborhood Scout released their 2019 list of the "Most Dangerous Cities," in America. The website's research revealed the 100 most dangerous cities in America with 25,000 or more people.
Neighborhood Scout complied their list based on the number of violent crimes per 1,000 residents. Neighborhood Scout considered violent crimes to be murder, rape, armed robbery and aggravated assault.
A city from the Hudson Valley made the list. Newburgh ranked 36th on Neighborhood Scout "Most Dangerous Cities – 2019," edition. Newburgh was the only location in the Hudson Valley to make the list and the highest city from New York to make the list.
Newburgh's violent crime rate was 12.7. The chance of someone being a victim of violent crime in Newburgh was 1 in 79, according to Neighborhood Scout.
Maybe a positive for Newburgh is the fact the city continues to climb on Neighborhood Scout's most dangerous list. Newburgh ranked 26th in 2018, 22nd in 2017, 14th in 2016, 15th in 2015, 10th in 2014 and 9th in 2013.
Niagara Falls, 49, Buffalo, 72, and Rochester, 98, were the other areas from New York to make the list in 2019
Below are the top 10 "Most Dangerous Cities - 2019," according to Neighborhood Scout:
- Bessemer, AL
- East St. Louis, IL
- Monroe, LA
- St. Louis, MO
- Detroit, MI
- Baltimore, MD
- Memphis, TN
- Camden, NJ
- Flint, MI
- Pine Bluff, AR
- Snow Possible This Week for Hudson Valley Before Weekend Snow
- Hudson Valley City Among 'Most Dangerous' in United States
- These Children Have Gone Missing From The Hudson Valley
- New York State May Soon Ban Plastic Bags
- 3 Charged In Mob-Controlled Sports Betting Ring In Hudson Valley
- Car Demolishes Popular Hudson Valley Deli & Pizzeria, 2 Injured
- Woman Fatally Struck By Car Walking in Hudson Valley, 1 Injured
- 1 Killed After Car Crashes Into Hudson Valley Business
- Hudson Valley Man Found Dead in Ditch
- Major Expansion Planned For Woodbury Commons