Have You Made It To These Hudson Valley Distilleries?
The distilling boon has hit New York. Have you been to any of the ones here in the Hudson Valley? Here's a few you might want to check out:Looking for things to do this weekend? Love artisanal hand crafted spirits? Who doesn't?
Here are a few that you might want to check out. If we missed any that you think we should know about, email me and I will add them, email@example.com
- Tuthilltown Spirits, home of the Hudson Spirits, (can't wait to try the limited edition "Double Char Whiskey" Gardiner
- Dennings Point Distillery, Beacon
- Delaware Phoenix, Walton (ok, this is in the Catskills)
- Catskill Distillery, Bethel (a sure place to stop if you are already going to Bethel Woods or Monticello Gaming & Raceway)
- Harvest Spirits, home of "Core" Vodka & I also suggest you try their Cornelius Apple Jack, located in Valatie
- Warwick Valley Distilling, try their Apple Liquor that they age in Bourbon barrels or their Cherry Cordial liqueur, Warwick
- Hudson Valley Distillers, started by a military veteran, their HV Vodka and their AppleJack worth trying, Germantown (Tousey Winery is close by too)
- HillRock Estate Distillery, try the Solera Aged Bourbon and their Rye, located in Ancram
- Prohibition Distillery, Known for the Bootlegger 21 Vodka, Roscoe
Check this video out if you want to make sure you taste whiskey "correctly". I agree with a lot that this guy says.... but... You will figure out what to do when you are in a tasting room, quickly. Make sure to ask questions and bring a designated driver.