Hudson Valley Made Zombie Movie Set For Nationwide Release
A Hudson Valley made zombie movie is set to take the country by storm when it debuts in theaters nationwide Friday. 'The Dead Don't Die' was filmed in parts of Ulster and Delaware Counties and wrapped filming in August of 2018. The star-studded film was directed by Jim Jarmusch and features Bill Murray, Adam Driver, and Chloe Sevigny as small-town police officers taking on the undead.
The eclectic cast features everyone from Steve Buscemi to Tilda Swinton to the Wu-Tang Clan's RZA. According to the New York Times, Jarmusch recruited talent for the film the old fashioned way: snail mail. Sevigny stated he doesn't do email and that she received a letter with details on the ridiculous zombie movie through he'd written and she accepted without even seeing a script.
Director Jim Jarmusch is well known for his work on movies as well as music videos. Perhaps best known for 2003's Coffee and Cigarettes and 2005's Broken Flowers, he's also worked with stand out musicians like Neil Young, The Talking Heads, and The Raconteurs.
Will you be checking out 'The Dead Don't Die' in theaters?
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- A Day To Remember Set To Rock Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center