Hudson Valley Man Stars in #1 Movie in The World
A Hudson Valley man is featured in the number one movie in the world.
Bohemian Rhapsody which is based on the rock group Queen was this weekend's box office champion. The film earned about $50 million in ticket sales in North America and $141.7 million globally in its debut weekend.
According to CNN, it's the greatest opening for a music biopic in history.
Dutchess County resident Joe Mazzello plays Queen bass guitarist John Deacon in the film.
Mazzello was born in Rhinebeck and raised in Hyde Park. He was featured in the original Jurassic Park in 1993.
According to IMDB, the movie showcases the years leading up to Queen's legendary appearance at the 1985 Live Aid concert. Emmy winner Rami Malek, best known for his role on the hit TV series Mr. Robot, stars as Freddie Mercury.
- Hudson Valley Man Finds Cockroach in Fast-Food Burger
- 3 Shot, 2 Killed Saturday Night in the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Stars in #1 Movie in The World
- Deer Causes Fatal Accident On Palisades Parkway, Woman Killed
- Hudson Valley Man Sold Heroin On School Grounds, Police Say
- Police: Hudson Valley Prisoner Clogs Cell's Toilet, Smears Feces