Hudson Valley Man Wins $50K Grand Prize On Wheel Of Fortune
Hudson Valley resident Michael Desisto not only won on his appearance on Wheel of Fortune, but he won big. Leading up to the airing of the show, we found out the broadcast would be affected by the NFL Draft. The program ended up being shown on Saturday and we found out just how well he did.
Desisto made it all the way to the bonus round with $32,050 already in the bank after cleaning up the first few rounds. He chose 'event' as the final category and after the R, S, T, L, N, E were placed it was up to him to select three more consonants and a vowel. After selecting C, D, G, and O he nearly uncovered the entire puzzle. After answering 'A Glorious Occasion' he was crowned champion and upon open the envelope he selected before the round began, he found out he had won an additional $50,000.
Congratulations to West Hurley resident Michael Desisto on your big victory!
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Netflix Classic 'The Irishman' Filmed At Multiple Hudson Valley Locations
- 2019 WRRV Sessions Photo Rewind
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center