Hudson Valley Police Pursuit Ends In Route 17K Collision
A Thursday morning Hudson Valley police pursuit ended with a head-on collision on Route 17K in Newburgh after a suspect tried to avoid questioning.
The New York State Police issued a press release stating the suspect in question was located driving a Chevy Tahoe on I-87 based on a BOLO (be on the lookout). When officers attempted to pull the vehicle over, the driver resisted and a pursuit ensued. The suspect then exited Thruway Exit 17 and led officers on a chase until the vehicle struck another Chevy Tahoe head-on along with two other vehicles just after 11 AM.
Three people in the suspects' vehicle were injured and sent to various local hospital with non-life threatening injuries while a fourth was airlifted to Westchester Medical Center with serious injuries. The injuries to those in the other vehicles were reportedly non-life threatening.
Troop F BCI and Collision Reconstruction Unit (CRU) assisted with the investigation at the scene. Route 17K was closed for more than four hours.
More updates to the story are expected.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center