Hudson Valley Resident Mark Ruffalo ‘Humiliated’ To Play the Hulk
Alberto E. Rodriguez
Well known actor and part-time Hudson Valley resident Mark Ruffalo claimed in a recent interview that playing the Hulk in the Avengers movies is 'humiliating'.
Ruffalo, who splits time between his Manhattan and Sullivan County homes, initially thought he was the wrong guy to play the character but he was convinced after spending some time with the script.
The process of making the character come to life is the challenging part. Because much of what you have seen on film is CGI, Ruffalo must wear what he calls a 'man-canceling suit' that makes you 'look big where you want to look small and small where you want to look big'. Ruffalo added that the other actors would often laugh when he walked on set because they were all in their cool superhero costumes while he was in a ridiculous pajama outfit that made him look like a Chinese checkerboard.
You can view the GQ interview below.
Mark Ruffalo recently spent several months in production in Dutchess and Ulster counties on a new HBO series set to debut in 2020 called I Know This Much Is True.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center