Hudson Valley Woman Found Guilty Of Murdering Mother
A Hudson Valley woman was found guilty of killing her mother.
On Thursday in Ulster County Court, a jury found 28-year-old Sarra Gilbert of Ellenville guilty of stabbing her mother to death, denying her defense team’s claim that she was mentally ill.
On July 23, 2016, Ellenville Police received a call from Sherre Gilbert asking authorities to check on her mother, Mari Gilbert, who was at her sister's, Sarra Gilbert, apartment.
When officers arrived at the apartment, Mari’s car was spotted in the driveway.
An autopsy on Mari Gilbert, 52, determined the official cause of death was listed as homicide, due to over 200 stab wounds to her torso, along with other injuries, which included being bashed in the head with a fire extinguisher.
Sarra Gilbert faces 25 years to life in prison when sentenced in August.
- Police Hoping For Help In Finding Wanted Hudson Valley Sex Offender
- Young Hudson Valley Girl Dragged Into Van, Police Seek Help
- Hudson Valley Man Who Crashed Stolen Car, Severely Injuring Woman Pleads Guilty
- The Hudson Valley is Home to Some of the Safest Bus Drivers Around
- Mindy Kaling Working on TV Show About Rhinebeck Woman