Hundreds of Thousands of New Yorkers Waiting On Tax Rebate Checks
Have you gotten your property tax rebate check? If not, you're not alone.
The Democrat and Chronicle reports that over 1.4 million tax rebate checks have been mailed to New York State homeowners. They were sent to homeowners whose income was lower than $275,000. An additional 390,000 checks have been sent to homeowners under the STAR program. These are new homeowners since mid-2015 who have income between $250,000 and $500,000. While plenty of checks have gone out, hundreds of thousands are still to be mailed.
According to the Democrat and Chronicle, the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance expect over 2 million checks to be sent in fall 2019. These checks are for certain homeowners to cover a portion of their school taxes. New York State homeowners have some of the highest school taxes in the U.S. People who are getting these checks include all homeowners whose income is below $275,000 annually. The less you make while owning a home means the higher your property tax relief credit will be.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center