Important: Wine Prices Expected to Drop
This is quite possibly the best news ever.
If there was ever an item or product I want to be on sale, it's definitely alcohol. Well good news, because wine prices could soon drop. ABC 7 NY reports that there are too many grapes in supply for California grape farmers. At a recent winemaker conference, experts have reported that growers produced a large grape crop of high-quality grapes over the past two years.
With such a large crop comes more supply than demand. California wine exports have been dropping consistently since 2014. According to ABC 7 NY, there were 100,000 tons of grapes left hanging on vines last year, with no buyers.
ABC 7 NY reports that because of the excess, distributors will be forced to drop prices at every price point. Yay for us wine drinkers!
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America