Is New York the Best State For Teachers?
There are a lot of pressures that go along with choosing teaching as a carrer. Location is a major factor in terms of successful rate.
Teaching can be a profoundly rewarding career, considering the critical role educators play in shaping young minds. But many teachers find themselves overworked and underpaid.
Education jobs are among the lowest paying occupations that require a bachelor's degree. Wallethub crunched all the numbers to determine which states are the best for teachers.
The 50 states and the District of Columbia were compared based on 23 key indicators of teacher-friendliness. The data set ranges from teachers’ income growth potential to pupil-teacher ratio to teacher safety.
New York was ranked as the 10th best state for teachers. Here's the breakdown
Teacher-Friendliness in New York:
- 10th – Avg. Salary for Teachers (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 24th – Quality of School System
- 9th – Pupil-Teacher Ratio
- 1st – Public-School Spending per Student
- 4th – Teachers’ Income Growth Potential
- 7th – 10-Year Change in Teacher Salaries
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center