Local Girl Scouts to Hold Drive-Thru Cookie Event at Mesier Park
Jones-ing for some delicious Girl Scout cookies? Those youthful geniuses have learned how to reinvent their business sales model for "these Covid times." They will be holding a drive-thru cookie event at Mesier Park in Wappingers Falls on Saturday, June 27, 2020 from 9 AM to Noon.
What is your favorite flavor or type:
- Thin Mints
- Peanut Butter Sandwich
- Girl Scout S'mores
- Toffee-tastic (Gluten-Free)
- Caramel Chocolate Chip (Gluten-Free)
Sadly, not all of the above cookies are available in our area. If there is a particular one you would like to try, reach out to your local Girl Scout chapter (or swing through the Drive-Thru event on 6/27).
Girl Scouts started selling their cookies to raise money to fund their educational programs in 1917, making the story of the Girl Scout Cookie 103-years-old.
What you might not know about the Girl Scouts and the cookie sales?
- 100% of the money raised stays with that local troop
- Juliette Gordon Low, started what is known today as the Girl Scouts in March 1912, in Savannah Georgia
- The Girl Scout Mission "Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place."
- Girl Scout cookies are Kosher.
- There are two gluten-free types of cookies available
- The number one selling Girl Scout cookie, year after year, is the Thin Mint.
So, how many boxes would you like?