Lost Hikers Rescued in Ulster County
Two hikers from Kingston had to be rescued after getting lost in Bluestone Wild Forest.
On May 24 at approximately 8 p.m., Forest Rangers Russell Martin and Kevin Slade responded to an Ulster County 911 Emergency Center Radio call for two lost hikers in the Bluestone Wild Forest at the Onteora Lake access area.
After coordinating efforts, the Rangers determined the hikers from Kingston were on the yellow trail. Forest Ranger Martin traveled north on the trail and located the lost party in good condition.
The hikers were escorted back to their vehicle and the incident concluded by 9 p.m.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America