Lowe’s to Close 20 Stores: Here are the New York Locations
Lowe's Home Improvement stores announced that they would be closing 20 stores across the United States in 2019. The stores that are closing have been selected on their 'under performing status.'
According to a press release, the stores will be closed by February 1, 2019. Will the employees at those stores be losing their jobs? It is the goal of Lowe's to find current employees, jobs at other locations.
“While decisions that impact our associates are never easy, the store closures are a necessary step in our strategic reassessment as we focus on building a stronger business,” said Marvin R. Ellison, Lowe’s president and CEO.
The two stores that are affected in New York are both in NYC:
- 2008 Broadway, New York
- 635-641 6th Ave, New York
There is also a store in Orange, CT that will be closing. In addition to the 21 stores that are being closed in the United States, there are 31 stores in Canada that are also going to be closing.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America