Major TV Provider In The Hudson Valley Drops CBS Network
If you have this TV provider, you probably noticed that CBS network has been dropped from the channel list.
A disgruntled friend brought it to my attention that CBS Network has been dropped from DirectTV. When they went to look for recordings of a show they watch that airs on Sundays, they noticed it wasn't there. Looking into it more, they saw CBS wasn't even on the channel guide any more.
According to CBS News, DirectTV and CBS had a business dispute that caused the blackout. CBS was blacked out on satellite systems owned by AT&T in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and 14 other major cities across the U.S. The dispute was over what you probably assumed: price.
CBS News reports that CBS didn't want customers to be caught in the middle but is determined to get a fair value. AT&T's rebuttal said that CBS is "a repeat blackout offender" and has done this before to other providers.
Are you affected by the CBS blackout on DirectTV? Comment below or on our Facebook to let us know how this has affected you.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- A Day To Remember Set To Rock Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center