Man Drowns in Orange County Pond, Police Say
The incident occurred on Friday morning just before noon in the City of Newburgh.
On July 12, at approximately 11:30 a.m. the City of Newburgh Police Department received a call of a male lying face down in the pond at Downing Park near the area of Third Street and Robinson Ave.
Upon arrival, with the assistance of the City of Newburgh Fire Department, a male was brought to the shoreline where he was later pronounced dead by the Medical Examiner’s Office.
The male was identified as 22-year-old Santos Alirio Mendez-Perez.
There were no obvious signs of foul play, however, this incident is being investigated by the Detective Division pending the autopsy results.
Anyone with information related to this incident is urged to contact the City of Newburgh Police Department at (845)561-3131.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America