Man From Neighboring State Returns Library Book 53 Years Overdue
From CBS NY
This is the story of a 13 year-old boy who one day checked out the The Family Book of Verse from his school library in Fairlawn, New Jersey. He never returned it.
Doesn't sound like much of a story, until you learn the year was 1966. The book has been overdue for 53 years. That's 19,345 days, according to CBS.
CBS says Harry Krame checked out the book from the library when he was young. For whatever reason he never returned the book. Perhaps he forgot or maybe misplaced it? CBS says the now 65 year-old Krame stumbled upon the old book when cleaning out his basement recently.
Feeling a bit bad, Krame returned the book to the school recently. CBS says that school officials say they were shocked to see the book again. Luckily, for Krame no overdue charges were added. CBS says that at 10 cents a day, he'd owe roughly about $2,000 to the school.
Listen to Hopkins at Night weekdays from 7PM to 12AM on 92.7/96.9 WRRV through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of Americaís Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America