Man Indicted For Killing Pregnant Hudson Valley Mother of 6
A Hudson Valley man was indicted for allegedly fatally running over a local pregnant mother of six and injuring her entire family at 7-Eleven.
On Tuesday, a Rockland County grand jury indicted 35-year-old Jason Mendez of Washingtonville. Mendez is accused of ramming his car into the family of Shawn and Melissa DeLoatch last week in the parking lot of a 7-Eleven in Rockland County.
Melissa, the mother of six, was killed in the attack while protecting her six young children.
Mendez got into an argument with the family, police say. He then allegedly got into his car, which was parked a 7-Eleven in Rockland County, hit all eight members of the family with his car, put the car in reverse and drove over the family members a second time.
Six children ranging in age from infant to 10 years, as well as DeLoatch's 35-year-old husband, were injured, according to a GoFundMe set up for the family.
Mendez is facing murder and several attempted murder charges.
- Police Warn About 'Suicide Game' Targeting Young Children
- Timing of Today's Snowstorm in the Hudson Valley
- Man Indicted For Killing Pregnant Hudson Valley Mother of 6
- Beloved Former Hudson Valley Teacher Celebrates 110th Birthday
- Snow Expected to Fall in the Hudson Valley Wednesday, Thursday
- Tree Falls Onto House Injuring Child, Over 20,000 Lose Power
- Prostitution May Soon Be Legal in New York
- New Movie Theater Opens in the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Mother Ran Over in Alleged Road-Rage Incident Saved Kids' Lives
- Hudson Valley Man Sentenced For Sexually Abused Step-Daughter