Multi-Million Dollar Upgrades Underway At SPAC
If you decide to check out a concert at Saratoga Performing Arts Center in 2020 you'll notice a number of upgrades. Work is underway on nearly $10 million in improvements around the park.
The $9.5 million dollar project will include the construction of a year-round educational community gathering and event space, new concession areas along with new restrooms. The project is paid for with $8 million in private funding from Live Nation and SPAC with New York State contributing the additional $1.5 million.
The existing concession and restroom facilities will be completely replaced and two new concession buildings will replace the current tent structures. The main concession building will include a second story which will house the new gathering space. The second building will house the new restroom facilities in addition to more concession space.
According to Live Nation Connecticut and Upstate New York Region President Kim Koplik, 'Live Nation has been able to bring some of the world's greatest performers to SPAC for the past 19 years and in celebration of our 20th anniversary in 2020, we are proud to be able to contribute to such a transformative project that will enhance the guest experience at SPAC. Further, the positive impact from this project will be felt for many years to come and we're thrilled to have future generations enjoy such an iconic and unique venue'.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center