Need Early Voting Info for Dutchess NY and Ulster NY? Here it is!
Election Day is November 8, 2022. How is the day of Election Day selected? It is always the Tuesday after the first Monday in November. The earliest voting could take place is November 2, the latest would-be November 8. For 2022, the first Monday in November is the 7th, so Election Day is 11/8/2022.
For registered voters in New York State, in the last few years, you have had the option of taking advantage of "Early Voting." even if you were not aware of it. What is "Early Voting?" It is where you can cast your ballot at one of the specific locations throughout Dutchess and Ulster NY counties.
When does early voting begin in New York State in 2022?
Early voting will take place from October 29, 2022, through November 6, 2022. You can visit any one of the sites that are designated as early voting centers for your county during the hours that they are open.
Does it matter which site you go to? Do you need to go to a specific one?
No, you can go to any one of the early voting centers that are convenient to you, you just have to go to one that is in the county you live in.
Will casting a vote in the early voting center to be different than when I normally go on Election Day?
Actually, when you get to the voting center of your choice, it will be very similar to when you vote at your regular polling location. You will receive a ballot, make your selections, then proceed to the machine to have your ballot counted.
If you go to an early voting session, do you have to also vote at the regular polling place too?
If you attend one of the early voting sessions, you will not also be able to cast a vote in person at your regular polling location. Remember one person, one vote.
Where are the Early Voting Centers for Dutchess County New York?
Here are the seven "Early Voting Center" locations for Dutchess County. Please note that there have been a few changes in the Dutchess County Early Voting Centers since last year.
- Mid-Hudson Library Auditorium, 105 Market Street, Poughkeepsie, NY, 12601
- East Fishkill Community Library, 348 Route 376, Hopewell Jct., NY, 12533
- Cornell Cooperative Center, 2715 US-44, Millbrook, NY, 12545
- Boardman Road Library, 141 Boardman Road, Poughkeepsie, NY, 12603
- Fishkill Town Hall, 807 Route 52, Fishkill, NY, 12524
- Rhinebeck Town Hall, 80 East Market Street, Rhinebeck, NY, 12572
- Wappinger Town Hall, 20 Middlebush Road, Wappingers Falls, NY, 12590
Where are the Early Voting Center locations for Ulster County NY?
Here are the Early Voting Center locations for Ulster County, notice that these locations are not entirely the same as last year:
- Midtown Neighborhood Center, 467 Broadway, Kingston, 12401
- New Paltz Community Center, 3 Veterans Dr, New Paltz, 12561
- Shokan American Legion, 26-28 Mountain Road, Shokan 12481
- Ellenville Public Library Community Room, 40 Center St., Ellenville, 12428
- Marlborough Town Hall, 21 Milton TPK, 12547
- Saugerties Senior Center, 207 Market St, Saugerties, 12477
I got an absentee ballot, but don't want to mail it back, can I drop it off at one of the sites?
If you want to request an absentee ballot, fill it out, but don't want to mail it back, you will be able to drop off your completed ballot at one of the early voting locations or in person at the county board of elections.
For more details about the early voting (and voting times), absentee ballots, or drop-off voting, click on the link for your county's Board of Elections. Dutchess County and Ulster County. Want to cast your vote in person on Election Day? Here's how to find your polling place.
Looking to have a further impact on your community? Here's all the info about adopting a road or highway in New York State:
5 Things To Know About Adopting a Highway in New York State
Here are a few drives you can take after you cast your vote: